What is cybersecurity insurance?
- Cybersecurity insurance protects your business from the damage caused by cyber risks, such as ransomware. Like car insurance protects your car in the event of an accident, cybersecurity insurance protects you in the event of a cyber attack.
- Your existing regular insurance policy likely does not cover cyber incidents.
- Different types of data require different types of cybersecurity insurance. There is not one policy that works for every business.
- New to cybersecurity insurance? Make sure you work with an agent or ask PK Tech to connect you with the necessary resources to make an educated decision on your cybersecurity insurance purchase.
Types of Cybersecurity Insurance may include:
- Legal fees
- Costs associated with restoring the identities of affected clients within the business
- Costs associated with recovering data
- Costs associated with notifying customers of a cyber attack (i.e. breach/data loss)