GOT HIPAA COMPLIANCE PROBLEMS? WE’VE GOT TIPS!
Through an exciting new partnership with Compliancy Group, we’ve compiled health care compliance program tips to help your organization quickly and easily navigate health compliance. No more wondering if you’re doing the right thing. No more anxiety around potential violations.
This easy checklist will guide you towards an effective compliance program for HIPAA within your organization. Ready to get started? Let’s start with these 7 Fundamental Elements first.
The Seven Fundamental Elements of an Effective Compliance Program
- Implementing written policies, procedures and standards of conduct.
- Designating a compliance officer and compliance committee.
- Conducting effective training and education.
- Developing effective lines of communication.
- Conducting internal monitoring and auditing.
- Enforcing standards through well-publicized disciplinary guidelines.
- Responding promptly to detected offenses and undertaking corrective action.
Ultimately, compliance is more than just having a standard set of “rules”. Creating a culture of compliance in your organization will help you create a proactive environment and significantly lower risk of violations. With the help of Compliancy Group, we’ve compiled 5 tips to try integrating into your organization in order to effectively create a “culture of compliance”.
Five Practical Tips for Creating A Culture of Compliance
- Make compliance plans a priority now.
- Know your fraud and abuse risk areas.
- Manage your financial relationships.
- Just because your competitor is doing something doesn’t mean you can or should.
Call 1-800-HHS-TIPS to report suspect practices.
- When in doubt, ask for help.
If your organization is subject to HIPAA, we’ve got you. Really. It’s part of why we partnered with Compliancy Group to bring you the best resources in the industry so you can approach compliance proactively. Working with a trusted partner like PK Tech with the guidance of Compliancy Group is the way to a violation-free future.
Please reach out to us if your business needs support around HIPAA compliance.
To contact PK Tech, click here.